Planning Commission Meeting Guide
About Municipal Planning Commission Meetings
The public is invited to attend and participate in the City of Spring Hill Planning Commission Meetings. The Planning Commission meets for a Work Session on the 4th Monday of each month at 5:30 P.M. to review and discuss items appearing on the Regular Meeting agenda for the following month on the 2nd Monday of that month at 5:30 P.M. in the Court Room at City Hall, 199 Town Center Pkwy, Spring Hill. City Hall Court Room is disability accessible.
Work Session Meeting Format
Unless otherwise announced, Planning Commission Work Sessions generally occur on the 4th Mondays of each month at 5:30 P.M. At work sessions, agenda items for consideration by the Planning Commission for the following month's meeting are brought forward and discussed. Unless previously announced, there is no voting that takes place at a Work Session. A work session is different from a public hearing: in a work session, no testimony on the record is taken from the public, although applicants and the public are invited to attend the meeting and provide comment when recognized by the chairman of the Planning Commission.
Regular Meeting Format
The Municipal Planning Commission conducts its Regular Meeting on the 2nd Monday of each month at 5:30 P.M..
The following regular order of business is observed at Regular Meetings unless dispensed by a majority vote of the members present:
- Call to Order
- Stipulation of Planning Commissioners Present
- Approval of Minutes of the Previous Meeting
- Comments of Concerned Citizens
- Comments by the Chairman
- Approval of the Agenda
- Consent Agenda Including Items of Routine Nature
- Items to be Considered
Robert's Rules of Order, Newly Revised serves as the Rules of Order and Parliamentary Procedure.
The Planning Commission welcomes and invites citizens to participate in meetings. Procedural rules for public comment are as follows:
- The items will be taken in the order of the agenda.
- Audience members wishing to speak must be recognized by the Chairman and will have five minutes to address the Planning Commission.
- No rebuttal remarks are permitted.
Public hearings, which are separate items of business on a separate agenda generally occurring prior to the Regular Meeting at 5:25 P.M., give citizens the opportunity to express their opinions and comments to the Planning Commission on specific issues. Notice of the public hearings are published per State Law in the newspaper before the public hearing.
Public Hearing procedures are as follows:
- Board Chair calls the Public Hearing to Order
- Each Item on the Public Hearing Agenda is read
- Board Chair opens the hearing to the public for comment
- Board Chair closes public hearing