The Spring Hill Police Department has partnered with Elite Physical Therapy to hold a drug take-back event on Saturday, Oct. 23.
According to a SHPD news release, the free event will take place from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at 5290 Main Street, where people can drop off items such as prescription and over-the-counter medications, pet medications, and inhalers.
Acceptable items include:
- Prescription medications
- All over-the-counter medications
- Pet medications
- Medicated ointment, lotions or drops
- Pills in any packaging, including glass, plastic container, baggie (Ziploc), or foil
Items not accepted include:
- Illegal drugs & narcotics
- Needles/sharps or syringes with needles
- Blood sugar equipment
- IV bags
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Personal care products (shampoo, lotions, etc.)
SHPD also has a drop-off box that's accessible 24/7 at the SHPD headquarters in the lower level of Spring Hill's City Hall, located at 199 Town Center Parkway.
For more information about this event, please contact Officer Herb Rosa at email@example.com.