Help Center
Click to Home
City of Spring Hill, Tennessee - est. 1809

Go To Search
Burn Permits
Applying for a Permit
Please review the information below and contact the Spring Hill Fire Department by calling (615) 302-3462, or coming to headquarters located at 199 Town Center Pkwy the Lower Level or by email if you would like to apply for a permit. Permits are $50.

Blasting – Regulated by the State of Tennessee
The State of Tennessee regulates all construction blasting. If you have questions about construction blasting, please contact the State Fire Marshal’s office at (615) 741-7190.

Campfires & Bonfires – Permit Required
Permits are issued for campfires and bonfires in approved recreational settings. Campfires are free of charge. They are not approved for the burning of trash or yard waste and they are subject to an inspection.

Construction Burning – Permit Required
Several requirements must be met in order to obtain a permit to burn vegetation on construction sites. These requirements include a trench and water within reach, as well as a site inspection and approval.

Hand-Warming (In-barrel) - Permit Required
Permits are issued free of charge for hand-warming fires as long as they are in a barrow.

Residential Trash Burning - Prohibited
Residential burning of trash is prohibited in Spring Hill. The City of Spring Hill’s Public Works Department collects yard waste / brush from homeowners. For more information, contact the Public Works Department at (931) 486-2252 ext. 279.